Sunday, November 2, 2008

Turning 60

Well, I did it. I turned 60 last week. My loving husband did the most wonderful thing...He took me to Las Vegas for my birthday. AND to the first restaurant we went to as man and wife on our honeymoon, a mere 41 years ago. We went to Binnions, on Fremont Street, when we were married and then again last Wednesday night and it was just as wonderful as I remembered it 41 years ago. Our waiter was a fellow named Pat and he was very good to us and treated me to my very favorite desert--Cream Brulee'. We stayed at a beautiful hotel called Bill's Gamblin' Hall and Saloon. (Don't let the name throw you.) It was truly beautiful. We had a great time and would go back to that same place in a heartbeat. (Provided that now I'm 60 my heart will still beat!)

Another decade has passed and life goes on.

2 comments:

Traci G said...

Oh!! That is SOOO sweet!!! How nice!! I remember my husband and I went to the same restaurant for our 1st anniversary that we did on our first date, and it felt so magical! I'm glad you had a nice birthday Mary!

shuggy said...

i didn't know you went there on your honeymoon! wow, the old man is sweet!!